IT Security Engineer
IT Security Engineer
Required Clearance: Active Secret
The Security Engineer in support of a Federal Agency CISO will provide support by:
- Coordinates Planning, Scheduling, & Testing of Project in the Certification and Accreditation (C&A)/Authorization & Accreditation (A&A) process.
- Examining information systems to determine vulnerabilities and mitigating strategies for those found.
- Experience developing system/application Security Authorization documentation (SSP, CP, CPT, CMP, SAR).
- Communicate known security risks and solutions to mitigate risks to management and operational staff as needed.
- Serve as a Security expert on application development, database design, network and/or platform projects, helping project teams comply with security requirements specified by OMB Circular A-123, FISMA and NIST Guidance.
- Participate in network architecture reviews and develop detailed security requirements and design plans.
- Conduct Hand-on security testing, analyze test results, document risk, and recommend countermeasures.
- Knowledge or experience with SharePoint, Mobile, Citrix, and Cloud Technologies.
- Keep current with emerging security trends, issues, and alerts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist in researching, evaluating, and developing relevant information security policies, practices and guidance.
- Perform network security analysis and risk management for designated corporate networks.
- Demonstrated on the job experience in the use of Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and Risk Assessment test tools supporting multiple platforms (i.e. Windows, Linux, Solaris, UNIX, or Virtual.
- Demonstrated on the job experience analyzing test results and suggesting mitigation plans for security problems.
- Penetration Testing Experience.
- Experience using and customizing software tools that store and parse the data collected for analysis and reports.
- Bachelors Degree or Higher
- At least one IT Security Certification (e.g. Security +, CAP, CISSP, CEH, GSEC)
Required Years of Experience:
- 5+ years